Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions as stated and agreed by all parties on the occupation of this property.
Notice of cancellations must be received by this office in writing (by email to email@example.com) or by cancelling through the OTA (Online Travel Agent) portal.
- Bookings cancelled more than 60 days prior to arrival date will incur a loss of the total $50 booking fee paid and any credit card fees.
- Bookings cancelled 30-60 days prior to arrival will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of the total invoice value in addition to the total booking fee.
- Bookings cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival date will incur a cancellation fee of 100% of the total invoice value in addition to the total booking fee.
- Booking fee is $50 and is non-refundable
- Credit Card Fees are non-refundable.
- PLEASE NOTE changing your property is also considered a cancellation as all properties are individually owned.
- No refunds can be offered for any unused portion of a holiday
- Refunds are not permitted for circumstances that include but not limited to; change of travel plans, disruption to transportation to your accommodation, illness, unfavourable weather forecasts or lack of access to attractions including the National Park or Ski Resorts
- Covid-19 Cancellation Policy – If travel is restricted due to Government lockdowns, boarder closures or if your suburb is locked down due to a COVID-19 outbreak, we would first offer to move your bookings to different dates or same dates next year or, if not suitable, a full refund minus a $50 admin fee. If a booking is moved to date with a different rate, either the guest will be required to pay the additional funds, or a refund will be provided.
- This does not include if you become ill with COVID or have been deemed a close contact and have been ordered to stay at home/isolate.
- There are some travel insurance policies that provide coverage if you cannot travel because you become ill with COVID or if you have been deemed a close contact and as a result, you are ordered to stay at home/isolate. Therefore, if you cannot travel for these reasons and the accommodation is not resold in full there is no refund, move dates or credit option offered. As soon as you have made your booking we highly recommend that you research and consider insuring yourself with one of these travel insurance policies. We do not recommend any policy in particular or offer advice.
Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions as stated and agreed by all parties on the occupation of this property.
- The accommodation is let to the person stated on the booking for the purposes of holiday rental for the period specified in the booking confirmation. Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions stated below can result in the termination of the booking with no refund and forfeit of the bond.
- All reservations require a deposit to be paid within 7 days of the booking being made and the booking must be paid in full 30 days before arrival. All bookings made within the 30 days need to be paid in full at the time of booking. Reservation deposits can be made by direct deposit to our Trust Account, or via Visa or MasterCard. Personal cheques will only be accepted with 3 weeks clearance or by prior arrangement. A $50 booking fee applies to all bookings and is non-refundable.
- Check-in time is 4:00 pm on arrival day and check out is 10 am on the day of departure. Keys can be picked up and returned from The Base Ski Hire in winter or the Jindabyne Real Estate office in summer. Please note that due to heavy cleaning workloads that delays may be experienced for check-in times.
- Jindabyne Real Estate participates in the NSW Code of Conduct for the Short-term rental accommodation industry. All guests making reservations must be aware of the code and understand their obligations as guests under the code. A copy of the code can be found on the NSW fairtrading website.
- Guests who are registered on the NSW Office of Fair Trading’s Guest Exclusion Register must not book or stay in properties booked through Accommodation Jindabyne’s website or any affiliated Online Travel Agents (OTAs). It is the responsibility of the guest booking the property to ensure no members of their party are named on the Exclusion Register.
- The owner and the agent take no responsibility for the guest’s personal property. All guests are responsible for keeping the property secure during their stay and when vacating the property. Any theft and damage shall be the sole responsibility of the guest.
- Each property listed through Accommodation Jindabyne and the external booking sites has a specified maximum number of occupants. Guests confirm at time of booking that the total number of occupants will not exceed this number. Should the number of occupants exceed this number Accommodation Jindabyne can terminate the guest’s occupancy and the booking for immediate departure – no refund will be issued, and the guest’s security bond may be forfeited. An occupant includes all persons 2 years of age and older. If an infant exceeds the occupancy number and you must provide your own cot.
- Security Bond – each property has a pre-authorisation placed on the credit card provided by the guest prior to checking into the property. This bond varies from $100-$1000 depending on the property. The Security Bond covers cleaning outside normal requirements, excessive garbage, damage, breakages, loss of property, lost keys, and late departure. No Bond, no keys – no exceptions.
- Online check-in – You are required to provide us with a copy of your photo ID and a credit card in the name of the registered guest through our online check-in portal prior to arrival.
- All properties are non-smoking. Guests will be liable for additional cleaning charges that may be incurred. These charges may include but not be limited to the cleaning of carpet, furniture, and additional cleaning. In accordance with Australian Consumer Law, any charges will be communicated to the guest in writing before being deducted from the bond.
- Under no circumstances are animals permitted on or inside the premises. Any breach will result in an automatic carpet cleaning fee of $300 and may be subject to additional charges that may be incurred.
- Acceptance of this booking is made in good faith by this agency but may be subject to change due to beyond our control (eg: fire, storm damage, property damage, sale of the property). Owners have the right to cancel any booking should they wish to utilise their property at the same time. Accommodation Jindabyne and Jindabyne Real Estate accept no responsibility for actions undertaken by property owners outside of our control and therefore reserve the right to cancel bookings at the instruction of the owner. These bookings will be notified immediately and Accommodation Jindabyne will attempt to secure alternate accommodation, however, if not possible all money will be refunded in full.
- Bookings are made at this time with the current owner, if the property is sold the agent cannot ensure that the new owner will be making the property available. In this case Accommodation Jindabyne will attempt to relocate the booking to a similar property but if not possible, a full refund will be issued.
- The property is offered to you in a clean and functional condition. Upon departure, the property must be left in a clean, tidy condition with all garbage removed from the property. All food brought into the property must be removed or disposed of. An additional charge will be applied for cleaning considered to be beyond normal expectations, excessive rubbish removal, loss or non-return of keys and a requirement to clean the BBQ after departure. Rubbish bin lids must be able to be closed and not overflowing. Rubbish should be taken out at a reasonable hour to not cause disruption to neighbours (eg. with recycling bottles)
- All guests are responsible for any loss or damage arising from breakages or other damage to the property or common property during their stay. This can include but not be limited to additional cleaning, removal of excess rubbish, repairs and replacement of items or the property. All properties are privately owned, and we ask that you treat the property as if it were your own. All damage, breakages or losses to the property and property furniture and furnishings are to be reported to the agent as soon as practical and either paid for by the guest immediately or be recovered from the bond. Should you discover a fault or breakage when you arrive, please advise our office immediately via email or we will consider those the responsibility of the current guest and charge accordingly.
- Accommodation Jindabyne will make all efforts to contact guests when access is required to an occupied property. In emergency cases where we have not been able to contact a guest, Accommodation Jindabyne reserves the right to enter a property without the explicit knowledge or permission of the guest.
- Guests are responsible for the safekeeping of accommodation keys and/or remotes. If keys and/or remotes are lost, you will be responsible for the cost of changing the locks and replacement remotes (if applicable) and the cutting of 6 new sets of keys. A minimum of $75 charge is applied for lost keys. If no keys are available, guests will be liable for any costs involved in gaining entry to the premises via a locksmith. Guests must not break in or attempt to break into the premises when locked out. Should a guest require duplicate keys after hours a $50 service fee might be applied.
- Linen is provided in all our properties including sheets, pillows slips, towels, bathmats & a tea towel as well as full bedding. Every property has a courtesy kit provided on arrival, which consists of a small supply of dishwashing detergent & powder, amenities for each bathroom, and a couple of rolls of toilet paper. Any additional supplies required for the length of the stay is the responsibility of the guest.
- Strata by-laws and council regulations must be complied with. We ask that consideration be given to other guests with respect to noise, parking and other issues that affect the peaceful enjoyment of others. Any reported noise/disturbance which results in the police being called may be grounds for eviction without a refund.
- Each property listing outlines the number of off-street parks available and a number of vehicles permitted at the property. On-street parking is not provided or guaranteed for guests or visitors. Accommodation Jindabyne cannot be held responsible for any fines or penalties incurred by the guest or visitors from parking on the street.
- Some properties are subject to their own “House Rules” and any locked areas in a property are private. Unlawful access to locked areas is a breach of this agreement and legal action may be taken.
- Bookings made through a third party are also subject to their terms and conditions.
- General Disclaimer –
- Please be aware that while some properties have Wi-Fi included, it is not always guaranteed to be functional. Our rural area, limited infrastructure and high demand conditions may impact the networks service.
- Accommodation Jindabyne nor the owner can be held responsible for failure or power interruptions to the property for reasons out of our control.
- Many properties managed by Accommodation Jindabyne are in suburban locations, where from time to time, there may be building or construction on neighbouring properties. Accommodation Jindabyne takes no responsibility for issues relating to noise on neighbouring properties, for any reason.
- Whilst all measures are taken to avoid misrepresentation, any descriptions (written or verbal) and images that represent the property, are true to the best of our knowledge and we cannot be responsible for any changes.
- If a booking is taken at incorrect rates or where a property is unavailable, Accommodation Jindabyne reserve the right to cancel the booking or re-offer it to you at the correct rate. Technical issues are rare, but they do occur.
- These terms and conditions can be varied at any time without notice. Guests should always refer to our website for the current terms and conditions.
What is Personal Information?
What type of Personal Information does Accommodation Jindabyne collect and hold about you?
Accommodation Jindabyne may collect any of the following information about you if you are a current or prospective guest or if you visit our website or make an enquiry with us via another method:
· contact details (including, name, address, telephone number and email address);
· driver’s license number;
Sometimes Accommodation Jindabyne may also need to ask you for other forms of Personal Information to enable us to provide services to you.
How does Accommodation Jindabyne collect Personal Information about me?
Accommodation Jindabyne collects your Personal Information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting Personal Information from you, Accommodation Jindabyne may collect in various ways, including emails, letters, telephone calls.
Accommodation Jindabyne may collect information about you from the following third party sources:
· databases in the public domain such as telephone indexes, Australia Post database, or other property databases; and
· referrals and recommendations from existing clients of Accommodation Jindabyne.
· Booking.com AirBnB and other third-party booking platforms
Your personal information may be used to cross-check the Short Term Rental Accommodation (STRA) exclusion register, however information will not be stored on this register unless Accommodation Jindabyne has cause to register you as an excluded guest due to a breach of the terms and conditions.
What happens if we can’t collect your Personal Information?
If you do not provide Accommodation Jindabyne with the Personal Information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
· we may not be able to provide our services to you, either to the same standard or at all; or
· we may not be able to provide you with information about services that you may want, including information about new properties that are available for holiday letting.
Why does Accommodation Jindabyne collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information?
Accommodation Jindabyne collects information for a range of purposes including:
· enable our agency to provide you with the services and/or products you may require;
· to comply with local, state and federal legislation or regulations, and those specifically related to real estate property sales, rental and administration, and short-term holiday letting;
· to enable our agency to assist you with related services, as required;
· for our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements;
· to update our agency’s records and keep your contact details up to date;
· to deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly, whether by email, telephone or mail;
· to conduct relevant business processing functions; and
· to process and respond to any complaint made by you.
How does Accommodation Jindabyne use the Personal Information held about you?
Any Personal Information about you that our agency collects and records will only be used or disclosed by our agency for the purpose of:
· compliance with obligations under real-estate regulations and laws applicable for all states in Australia;
· for our agency’s administrative, planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes; and
· complying with any other relevant laws or regulations.
Accommodation Jindabyne may also use or disclose the information it collects for any other purpose specified to you at the time of collection.
Our agency may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services that we consider may be of interest to you. These may include:
· offering to provide you with products or services provided by our agency and third-party providers; or
· sending you news and other information about our agency’s activities and general promotional material which we believe may be of interest to you.
These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). When our agency does this, we will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out from receiving any further communication from our agency.
You may at any time request not to receive direct marketing from Accommodation Jindabyne by contacting our agency or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
The Accommodation Jindabyne website
When you access our website, we may send a “cookie” (which is a small summary file containing a unique ID number) to your computer. This enables us to recognise your computer and greet you each time you visit our website. Our cookies do not collect Personal Information, although they do identify your browser. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them.
As our website is linked to the Internet, and the Internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. Accordingly, any Personal Information or other information, which you transmit to us online, is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
What happens if I want to access or correct the Personal Information held about me?
You may request access to your Personal Information held by our agency, at any time by contacting us. We will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing your Personal Information (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We will respond to your request for access within 7 days and endeavour to provide the requested information within 21 days.
There may be instances where Accommodation Jindabyne cannot grant you access to the Personal Information we hold. For example, we may not be able to provide access to information in the following situations:
· where in our opinion providing the information your request, may create a serious threat to the life or health of any individual or may be an unreasonable intrusion into the privacy of another individual;
· where your request for access is, in our agency’s opinion, frivolous or vexatious; or
· where providing access would be unlawful, may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity, may prejudice enforcement of law, or denying access is specifically authorised by law.
If for any reason our agency does not allow you to access your Personal Information, we will provide you with reasons in writing for our decision.
If you believe that Personal Information that our agency holds about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request that we amend it. Accommodation Jindabyne will consider if the information requires amendment. If our agency does not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the Personal Information stating that you disagree with it.
To whom does Accommodation Jindabyne disclose my Personal Information?
We may disclose your Personal Information:
· to employees of our agency and our contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide services to you;
· if you are a tenant of any property that we are managing, to a National Tenancy Database;
· to suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
· to any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
There are some instances when our agency may need to provide your Personal Information to third parties. Accommodation Jindabyne may be bound by law to provide your details to government-related bodies.
Accommodation Jindabyne does not sell your personal details to other organisations. We may however use the information about you to assist us with internal marketing and research.
We may disclose your Personal Information to entities located outside of Australia, including our data hosting and other IT service providers, who may pass information to secondary data hosting providers located outside of Australia.
How does Accommodation Jindabyne keep my Personal Information secure?
Accommodation Jindabyne will take reasonable steps to ensure information collected, used or disclosed is stored in a secure environment that is accessed only by persons authorised by our agency so as to prevent interference, misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If the Personal Information is no longer needed for any purpose, our agency will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the Personal Information.
Accommodation Jindabyne endeavours to provide a secure environment and a reliable system but you should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the electronic storage and transmission of information (particularly via the Internet) which cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Who do I contact for further information?
Patrick Killin – Licensee-In-Charge can assist you with any enquiries you have about the information that we hold about you.
What if I have a complaint or concern?
If you have a complaint or concern you can email, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our agency. We will do our best to try and resolve your complaint within 30 days.
What if you are unable to resolve my complaint or concern?
If we are unable to resolve your complaint within this time, or you are unhappy with the outcome, you may refer your complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner. The Australian Information Commissioner can be contacted at the below details:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 1042
Phone: 1300 363 992
This privacy property was last updated on 22/08/2022.
Amendments to this policy will be posted on this web-site and will be effective when posted.
If you have any further queries, please contact us.